Monday, August 6, 2007

Ah, Vacation

I finally have more to write about/time to write!

For five weeks earlier this summer, I was in a leadership training program at a camp on Lake Ossipee. In the first week, I met and got to know the staff and the 23 other Leadership & Service people, all aged 16 and 17. For each of the four remaining weeks, I worked with a different cabin group and a different activity department. Throughout my time there in cabins and in departments, I worked with campers aged 8-15 and with staff, mostly aged 16-21. I had so much fun, and I think that it definitely helped in my ability to interact with different people and gave me A LOT more patience!

Since I returned home, I've been going through all of my stuff, sorting through papers and clothes, deciding what I'm going to bring and what I still need. I went to the French Consulate in Boston a week ago to get my visa. After getting all of the paperwork together for it (which was kind of difficult - there were many papers that we needed to wait for from AFS France and then we had to make two copies of everything and have it all together...) and waiting in the waiting room for 45 minutes, the meeting lasted about 15 minutes. Fast and simple. My visa was sent overnight and I got it the next day. Now that all of my paperwork is set, I just have to get together everything else! It's hard to start packing now, though, as I have to wear something for the next two and a half weeks... :-)

Oh, and I was just reading through my other entries and realized that I never said that Nicolas Sarkozy won the French presidential election. Just thought you should know. :-)

More later.

~Catherine~

No comments: